I love pancakes as much as the next person, but here is a super simple, fast and healthy way to include pancakes in your diet. Rather than the traditionally high in sugar and refined carbohydrates these pancakes are full of protein and complex carbohydrates to keep you satisfied without the blood sugar spike. And if you’re like me and you love cinnamon (see photo for copious amounts of cinnamon) this will stabilise blood sugar levels even more. Enjoy Bec
- 1 very ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/2cup of rolled oats or 2 tbsp flaxseeds – your choice.
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend
- Heat pan on medium to low and melt a small amount of grassfed butter
- Cook pancakes as you would normal pancakes – you can make 2 big pancakes or several smaller ones. When cooking for my son I make small pikelet sized ones which can also be frozen and utilised at a later date.
- Flip when batter begins to bubble on top.
- Serve with any toppings of your choice. Good suggestions include:
- Berries and yoghurt with nuts, seeds and cinnamon (as pictured)
- Peanut butter and a drizzle of honey
- Banana, coconut yoghurt and shredded coconut.